Ultra Cavitation FAQ’s
What is the side effects of Ultrasound Cavitation?
- Increased need to urinate (this is due to the extra water intake and the process of eradication of fat from the body.)
- Increase in energy levels after treatment (this is due to the body burning excess fat that has now been released as energy.)
- Redness on the surface of the skin in the areas that have been treated this usually disappears after a few hours.
- Swelling although this is rare it subsides within 24 hours.
- Mild bruising.
What aftercare is advised?
- Drink 2 – 3 litres of water everyday during your course of treatments and for 1 week following your last treatment.
- It is important to stimulate the area after treatment, we advise massaging the area everyday to help stimulate the process of lymphatic drainage.
- The intervals between sessions recommended are at least 3 – 6 days.
- A minimum of 20 minutes of elevated heart rate exercise is required post treatment.
- This is best done immediately after your session and for 3 days following this is to ensure the stored energy released by the cavitation process is burnt off. If you don’t like cardio, infrared sauna sessions has a similar effect on the body.
Who might cavitation not be right for?
If you have any of the following health conditions, unfortunately you will NOT be able to have Ultrasound Cavitation.
- Poor Circulation (Blood & Lymph)
- Pregnancy or immediately after pregnancy
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Heart conditions
- High cholesterol
- HIV or AIDS
- Under the age of 18
If you have any of the following health conditions, you will not be able to have Ultrasound Cavitation without a letter of consent from your GP or Medical Practitioner.
- Skin Disorders
- High or low blood pressure
- Cancer or recovery from cancer till off medication for 12 months and have GP approval prior to commencing on cavitation treatment
- Thyroid disease or other hormonal disorders
- Any medication that affects liver function
- On regular prescription medication
Treatment can go ahead but will need to be modified if you have any of the following:
- Varicose veins
- Deep bruising
- Swollen joints
- Broken bones
- Metal implants
- Cuts and abrasions
When can i start to see results?
With our Cavitation treatment you can start to see results straight after the session.